This beautifully designed solder kit will sound like a real-life cicada once it’s dark!
The entire kit consists out of three parts: the body and two wings. This way, the cicada has an extra dimension and resembles a real cicada (but bigger). Other components include a buzzer to reproduce the crepitating sound, and a phototransistor to make the buzzer go off when it’s dark.
The gadget is powered by a 9V batter (not included), which make this little bug stand alone.
Enjoy making this rather challenging gadget!
This product is a replacement of: MK204,MK104
- produces the typical cicada sound when dark
- on/off switch
- orange LED that flashes to the sound
- 3 PCBs:
- mat black main body
- 2 shiny yellow wings
- dimensions: 140 x 110 mm (feet incl.)
- power supply: 9 V battery (not incl.)
- current consumption: 6.5 mA
- battery life: about 30 hours (when constantly in use)
- sound level: about 70 dB at 1 meter distance