PANDA PLANT GUARDIAN
PANDA PLANT GUARDIAN
This cute gadget can measure the humidity of your plant’s soil so you’ll always know when to give it more or less water!
The panda shaped PCB has gold plated contact points or probes that can measure the humidity of a plant’s soil. The kit is very easy to assemble and once finished, you can simply stick it into the soil of your favorite houseplant. The bright RGB LEDs that mimic the panda’s eyes will light up every 30 seconds to show the status of the soil. The soil is either too wet, too dry or perfect. A word of advice; you do not want the panda to stare at you with fiery red eyes so keep your plant happy!
Because each plant has different needs, we added two thumbwheels to adjust the sensitivity. The right wheel adjusts the distance sensitivity and the left wheel enables you to adjust the moist sensitivity. There will be no dead plants on this panda’s watch!
The kit is powered by two CR2032 batteries (not incl.) and they’ll keep the panda alive for at least two whole months.
Watch this video to find out how you can set up the Panda to the needs of your plant. Mind you, it is important to start off with the right level of hydrated soil for your specific plant!
Here’s some extra explanation on the wheels or ‘ears’ of your Panda: the Panda has a ‘center’ wheel and a ‘range’ wheel which you can adjust according to your type of plant. The center wheel will indicate what the perfect amount of hydration is for your plant’s soil on a scale of 0 to 100. The range wheel will indicate the range in which the hydration for your plant’s soil may vary. For example; on a scale of 0 to 100, 80 is the perfect amount of hydrated soil for basil. But the hydration of the soil may also range from 70 to 90, and the plant will still be happy.
This product is a replacement of: MK201
- gold plated contact points or probes that measure the moisture level
- 2 x thumbwheels to adjust the range and sensitivity
- 2 x RGB LEDs that indicate the moisture level every 30 seconds:
- green: perfect soil
- red: too dry
- blue: too wet
- cute panda PCB design
- no electrolysis
- not suited for outdoor use
- Technical data:
- Specifications: <ul><li>power supply: 2 x CR2032 batteries (not included)</li><li>current consumption: 100 µA</li><li>probe length: 42 mm</li></ul>
- Operational properties:
- Instruction manual languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish
- Coding skill level: none
- Electronics skill level: none
- Mechanics skill level: none
- Soldering skill level: none
- Product basic info:
- Colour: White
- Additional colour: Black
- Depth: 10 mm
- Height: 143 mm
- Width: 77 mm
- Weight: 32 g
|Dimensions||3,50 × 15,50 × 15,50 cm|