PANDA PLANT GUARDIAN
PANDA PLANT GUARDIAN
This cute gadget can measure the humidity of your plant’s soil so you’ll always know when to give it more or less water!
The panda shaped PCB has gold plated contact points or probes that can measure the humidity of a plant’s soil. The kit is very easy to assemble and once finished, you can simply stick it into the soil of your favorite houseplant. The bright RGB LEDs that mimic the panda’s eyes will light up every 30 seconds to show the status of the soil. The soil is either too wet, too dry or perfect. A word of advice; you do not want the panda to stare at you with fiery red eyes so keep your plant happy!
Because each plant has different needs, we added two thumbwheels to adjust the sensitivity. The right wheel adjusts the distance sensitivity and the left wheel enables you to adjust the moist sensitivity. There will be no dead plants on this panda’s watch!
The kit is powered by two CR2032 batteries (not incl.) and they’ll keep the panda alive for at least two whole months.
Watch this video to find out how you can set up the Panda to the needs of your plant. Mind you, it is important to start off with the right level of hydrated soil for your specific plant!
Here’s some extra explanation on the wheels or ‘ears’ of your Panda: the Panda has a ‘center’ wheel and a ‘range’ wheel which you can adjust according to your type of plant. The center wheel will indicate what the perfect amount of hydration is for your plant’s soil on a scale of 0 to 100. The range wheel will indicate the range in which the hydration for your plant’s soil may vary. For example; on a scale of 0 to 100, 80 is the perfect amount of hydrated soil for basil. But the hydration of the soil may also range from 70 to 90, and the plant will still be happy.
This product is a replacement of: MK201
- Educational: Discover the fascinating world of Whadda soldering kits and learn the basics of electronics through engaging projects. The kits offer step-by-step instructions and clear explanations, allowing both beginners and experts to learn and experiment.
- Creativity: Give space to your imagination and create unique electronic projects with the Whadda soldering kits. Unleash your creativity and build something that is truly yours!
- Made in Belgium: Whadda is a unique brand from Belgium’s Velleman Group that offers DIY projects for hobbyists or makers who want to immerse themselves in electronics, programming and mechanics.
- STEM project: Develop and improve your STEM skills and acquire the knowledge, skills and experience needed to face the technological challenges of the future with this educational kit. This educational kit will trigger a number of processes such as problem-solving, investigative and creative thinking.
- Perfect for young and old: With this experiment kit, children and adults with little or no prior knowledge can take their first steps into the exciting world of electronics and advanced users can deepen their knowledge.
- The kit is ideal for youngsters and adults aged 9 to 99! However, children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- To make this kit, you will need some basic tools (not included): a soldering iron or station, solder tin and pliers. Another practical tool is an anti-static soldering mat.
- Do not use it outdoors.
- It is important to start with the right moisture level for your particular plant!The panda has two wheels or ‘ears’ to adjust the moisture content and range (depending on the plant type). The moisture content adjustment knob displays the correct moisture content of the soil on a scale of 0 to 100. The range adjustment button displays the range in which the soil moisture content can vary. Example: on a scale of 0 to 100, 80 is the perfect moisture content for basil. But even if the soil moisture varies between 70 and 90, the plant remains strong and healthy.
- Technical data:
- Specifications: <ul><li>power supply: 2 x CR2032 batteries (not included)</li><li>current consumption: 100 µA</li><li>probe length: 42 mm</li></ul>
- Operational properties:
- Instruction manual languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish
- Coding skill level: none
- Electronics skill level: none
- Mechanics skill level: none
- Soldering skill level: none
- Product basic info:
- Colour unit: White
- Depth unit: 10 mm
- Additional colour: Black
- Height unit: 143 mm
- Width unit: 77 mm
- Weight unit: 32 g
|Dimensions||3,50 × 15,50 × 15,50 cm|