AIR QUALITY SENSOR COMBO BOARD
AIR QUALITY SENSOR COMBO BOARD
Ever wondered how good the air quality is in your living room? Or do you need proof of why you fall asleep in a non-ventilated meeting room after 3 hours? Look no further! This air quality sensor combo board will give you the answers in no time!
This air quality combo board senses the atmospheric-quality by using the popular CCS811 and BME280 ICs. It provides a variety of environmental data including barometric pressure, humidity, temperature, TVOCs and equivalent CO2 (or eCO2) levels. Communication is possible through the I2C protocol.
The CCS811 is an exceedingly popular sensor, providing readings for equivalent CO2 (or eCO2) in parts per million (PPM) and total volatile organic compounds in the parts per billion (PPB). The CCS811 also has a feature that allows it to fine-tune its readings if it has access to the current humidity and temperature. Therefore, we added the BME280, which provides humidity, temperature, and barometric pressure. This allows the sensors to work together to give us more accurate readings than they’d be able to provide on their own.
Since the CCS811 heats up a bit, the PCB is precisely designed to not influence the readings of the BME280 sensor.
This product is a replacement of: VMA342
- Full Air Quality Measurement: The air quality combo sensor offers comprehensive air quality measurement in your home. With sensors for CO2 equivalent (eCO2), total volatile organic compounds (TVOC), temperature, humidity, and air pressure, you get a complete picture of air quality.
- High-Quality Sensor Technology: The combo sensor utilizes advanced CCS811 and BME280 sensors. The CCS811 provides precise measurements in parts per million (PPM) and parts per billion (PPB), while the BME280 measures humidity, temperature, and barometric pressure, ensuring highly accurate results.
- Versatile applications: This module is versatile and suitable for various applications, from automation, home automation and robotics to environmental and industrial monitoring.
- STEM project: Develop and improve your STEM skills and acquire the knowledge, skills and experience needed to face the technological challenges of the future with this educational kit. This educational kit will trigger a number of processes such as problem-solving, investigative and creative thinking.
- Made in Belgium: Whadda is a unique brand from Belgium’s Velleman Group that offers DIY projects for hobbyists or makers who want to immerse themselves in electronics, programming and mechanics.
- Technical data:
- Specifications: <ul> <li>CCS811 and BME280 ICs</li> <li>eCO2 sensor</li> <li>TVOC sensor</li> <li>temperature sensor</li> <li>humidity sensor</li> <li>pressure sensor</li> <li>altitude sensor</li> </ul> <ul> <li>operation voltage: 3.3V</li> <li>eCO2 sensing: from 400 to 8,192 parts per million</li> <li>Total Volatile Organic Compound (TVOC): from 0 to 1,187 parts per billion</li> <li>temperature range: -40C (-40F) to 85C (185F)</li> <li>humidity range: 0-100% RH, =-3% from 20-80%</li> <li>pressure range: 30,000Pa to 110,000Pa, relative accuracy of 12Pa, absolute accuracy of 100Pa</li> <li>alltitude range: 0 to 9.2km (30,000 feet), relative accuracy of 1m (3.3 feet) at sea level, 2m (6.6 feet) at 9.2km (30,000 feet)</li> </ul>
- Operational properties:
- Instruction manual languages: English
- Coding skill level: 2
- Electronics skill level: 2
- Mechanics skill level: 1
- Soldering skill level: none
- Product basic info:
- Colour unit: White
- Depth unit: 3.8 cm
- Height unit: 15.5 cm
- Width unit: 7.8 cm
- Weight unit: 25 g
|Dimensions||3,80 × 7,80 × 15,50 cm|
| User manual|