The microbit V2 is the ideal board for everyone who wants to upgrade their microbit projects!
Like the previous version, this board still has an ARM-based embedded system. And it is still compatible with different coding languages like Block Editor & mobile apps for beginners, to Python for the more advanced users.
It is possible to connect it to other devices such as a Raspberry PI through its 20 pin edge connectors. The built-in compass, the accelerometer and, the motion detector ensure that the micobit has endless possibilities!
While this newer version still holds all of the existing microbit features, it also packs lots of new functionalities.
So what’s new? This second version has an onboard speaker and a microphone with an LED indicator. Both features make project possibilities endless! But that’s not all that’s new, the microbit V2 also has a built-in sleep- and power off mode. This means that your microbit can be off while still connected to a power supply. This will save you a lot of power! Lastly, this second version has a regulator that allows you to power-supply up to 200mA to an external accessory.
This starter kit is the ideal kit for starters who want to program with the block editor or mobile apps.
This product is a replacement of: VMM001
- USB cable: 1 x (PAC610B007N)
- housing for microbit: 1 x
- battery holder: 1 x
- microbit: 1 x
- battery: 4 x AAA (LR03C)
- microbit hardware:
- lights: 5 x 5 LED matrix
- buttons: 2 push buttons
- compass: detect magnetic fields
- accelerometer: detect changes in the microbit speed
- GPIO: 17 general purpose input / output pins
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- speaker: integrated speaker
- microphone: MEMS microphone with LED indicator
- capacitive touch sensor: touch sensitive logo
- power saving modus: built-in sleep or power off modus
- regulator: more computing power
- USB connection: on-board micro-USB connector
- connection point: 20 edge connector pins at the bottom of the board
- reset: reset button
- processor: 16 MHz ARM Cortex – M0 microcontroller 32-bit processor
- connectivity: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- USB: USB 2.0 port and micro-USB connector
- GPIO: up to 17 general purpose input / output pins
- RAM: 16 KB static RAM
- power supply:
- battery holder: 2 x AAA
- micro-USB connector
- microbit: 51 x 42 x 10 mm
- battery holder: 62 x 25 x 15 mm